Founded in 2010, Quill is the leading content production platform for ecommerce businesses - defining a completely new model for high-volume, high-quality, multi-language content production. Explore our journey so far.
- While building Figleaves.com – one of the UK’s first pure internet retailers – our Founder and CEO, Ed Bussey, notes that the absence of high-quality content to help customers make purchase decisions is having a marked negative impact on conversion rates.
- Ed starts to conceive the idea for Quill – realising that traditional publishers, agencies and in-house teams simply aren’t equipped to produce the volume of content that ecommerce websites require, at the necessary level of speed and consistent quality.
- Ed launches Quill, initially under the name ‘iTrigga’, as the sole employee, before hiring a CTO to start working on our proprietary technology platform
- iTrigga is rebranded
- Quill successfully raises £5m of funding, with investors including Smedvig Capital and a group of influential angels associated with digital success stories such as BBC Worldwide, Graze, Loaf, Mr and Mrs Smith, Spotify, Toptable and Vice.
- Quill wins recognition in the Santander Breakthrough50 and Smarta100 listings, as well as earning admission into the London Stock Exchange Elite programme for the UK’s fastest-growing companies.
- Quill is recognised in the Cannes Lions Foundry50, while Ed is voted Great British Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Quill appoints former BBH Chief Gwyn Jones as Chairman.
- Quill is ranked among the fastest-growing technology companies in the UK as part of the Deloitte Fast 50 rankings.
- Quill produces 15 million words in 12 months, creating content at a peak rate of 300 words per minute, while growing its Network to 2,000 freelancers.
- The Quill Quality Score is launched: an industry-standard benchmark for Performance Content best practice.
- Quill Cloud 2.0 is launched, introducing a range of new efficiency-driving features to our proprietary technology platform.
- Quill closes a Series B round of financing with participation from Panoramic Growth Equity, Smedvig Capital and a group of private investors behind successful ventures including Treatwell, Trinity Mirror and Daily Mail General Trust.
- Quill further expands its global talent network to 3,000+ freelancers, having produced over 40m words to date, and worked with more than 170 clients across 13 countries.
- Quill is ranked in the 341st position in the FT 1000 ranking of Europe’s fastest-growing companies.
- Quill wins ‘Best Agency’ title at the 2018 Ecommerce Awards.
- Webedia acquires Quill to enhance our Performance Content production solutions with advanced capabilities in SEO, Amazon search, marketplace distribution, conversion rate optimisation and web analytics.
- Quill is included in Econsultancy’s list of ‘Top 100 Digital Agencies’ alongside industry giants like Accenture, Digitas, Engine and Jellyfish.
- Ed wins ‘Entrepreneurial Success of the Year’ at the Heropreneur Awards.
- Quill merges with Jellyfish to become their global Ecommerce Content capability, delivering multi-language content solutions that support Jellyfish’s cutting-edge digital transformation services.
- Quill wins ‘Fashion Content Campaign of the Year’ at the UK Content Awards.